Ten Pretty Good Rules
- Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be
able to tell the difference!
- Observe everything; admire nothing!
- It's easier to obtain forgiveness than it is permission!
- Rarely resist the opportunity to keep your mouth shut!
- Don't ask the question if you cannot live with the
- If you want a new idea, read an old book!
- If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you
- Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage!
- Never look back unless you intend to go that way!
- Never wrestle with a pig; you both get dirty and the pig
* Compiled by Fellows of the Strategic Studies Group,
Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island